Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy News from Today

Security Team at Louis Armstrong International Airport Works Hard for No Recognition
As I said, I came back from New Orleans today, and, as I was going through the security scan, I noticed that a ring that I borrowed from Yvonne was missing from my bin. I simply mentioned the missing ring in passing, thinking that I'd never see it again and almost immediately, the entire team was not only looking for the ring, but going above and beyond to assist me in the ring searching process. Looking in bins. On their knees looking under the scanner. Making suggestions. Asking me where my gate was to see where they could bring the ring if it turned up. After a suggestion from a guard to look in my own bags, it turned out the ring had fallen into a shopping bag I had, but that wasn't the point. The point was that I noticed people not only working hard at their jobs, but willing to go above and beyond to help someone find an item that had absolutely no value to them at all. I left that situation sharing with a friend about how impressed I was with the hard work, diligence and genuine concern of the staff for an item and a person that had absolutely no external value to them. And, of course, no knowledge they would ever receive a word of recognition. Now that, my friends, is news worthy to me.

Vegan Pot Pie
We spend too much time complaining about our loved ones. At least, that is what I am starting to realize. I mentioned to Yvonne when I was in New Orleans that I wanted to try the vegan pot pie recipe demonstrated on the Ellen show a few days ago. I got home from the airport and there wasn't one vegan pot pie on the stove, but two. Now, that, to me, is a story for sharing.








No comments:

Post a Comment